I recently finished knitting a sweater that was a VERY long time coming. It was almost two years ago that I gave up on my first project with this yarn, Geilsk cotton/wool, and started working on this project.
The pattern is Intersect, a Brooklyn Tweed pattern by Norah Gaughan. When I first saw this pattern, I was immediately drawn to the shape and the select use of cables. All of the project notes said how fun and unique the construction was, so that also drew me in. I made a modification to the shape at the hem to make it more of a streamlined silhouette from the original design. I love how this turned out. It doesn't add bulk at my bulkiest area.
This was a LOT of knitting! I'm lucky that I got so much of this yarn when I purchased it with no pattern in mind. It is fingering-weight, and there were MANY cable crosses in this design. I think it turned out beautifully, though, especially the back!
The construction lived up to the hype as well. It was constructed top-down with very clear steps that made sure I never got bored. Well, maybe not bored, but definitely discouraged at the slow progress at times. I'm so glad that I stuck with it, though, in fits and starts until I realized all I needed was to knit the stockinette sleeves and attach them. After the drama of the cables, they seemed to fly off the needles this January!