Wednesday, October 18, 2017

BurdaStyle 08/2017 Faux Suede Jacket

Buckle up!  Lots of photos today.

This is the "Faux Suede Jacket" from the August 2017 issue of BurdaStyle Magazine.  You can download it from the website now, though.  I saw this jacket on a blog's review of the magazine and I got a wee bit obsessed... so much so that I ordered the magazine from England (very reasonable price and shipping) and then traced and graded down 3 sizes since this is a "plus" pattern.  So worth it.


The fabric is a faux suede from Sawyer Brook.  The color is a dark olive drab that occasionally reads a little brown.It was a dream to sew and shows the top-stitching beautifully.  Lining, zippers, snaps, and shoulder pads are all from JoAnn Fabrics.


Even the back has nice seaming details.




Here are some details shots.










I am so pleased with how this turned out.  I have nothing like it in my wardrobe.  It's the perfect fall jacket.

18 comments:

  1. Nice job, Jenny!! Love the details & it looks fab on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic. I really love the colour on you. Such a great fit too, no wonder you are pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing amount of top stitching detail ! Very good color . Love the zipper details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a lot of work, but well worth it. It's a great jacket, Jenny! Are you enjoying the turn your wardrobe is taking now that your climate has changed? I think it will be a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much work and so worth it! I am loving the fall, but I definitely have to remember not to complain of the cold to my husband since I campaigned hard for the move. Ha!

      Delete
  5. I just noticed this pattern the other day and fell in love with the details! I am only 1 size from their plus so I may have to make a go of it :)

    I LOVE it! You did an amazing job sewing it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very nice! And you get a real fall to wear it!! Do you have matching boots?! If not, shopping is definitely in order!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not "matching" per se, but definitely coordinating!

      Delete
  7. great job on the grading and the details! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The grading gave me some nerves, because of course I didn't make a muslin, but all turned out ok.

      Delete
  8. This jacket is awesome!!!! You look fabulous in it, and it is sewn so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous jacket and such an amazing job - so many details that came out just right in this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Well done. Now I'm off to find that Burda issue...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)