Saturday, January 20, 2018

Interesct Cardigan by Norah Gaughan in Geilsk

I recently finished knitting a sweater that was a VERY long time coming.  It was almost two years ago that I gave up on my first project with this yarn, Geilsk cotton/wool, and started working on this project.

The pattern is Intersect, a Brooklyn Tweed pattern by Norah Gaughan.  When I first saw this pattern, I was immediately drawn to the shape and the select use of cables.  All of the project notes said how fun and unique the construction was, so that also drew me in.  I made a modification to the shape at the hem to make it more of a streamlined silhouette from the original design.  I love how this turned out.  It doesn't add bulk at my bulkiest area.





This was a LOT of knitting!  I'm lucky that I got so much of this yarn when I purchased it with no pattern in mind.  It is fingering-weight, and  there were MANY cable crosses in this design.  I think it turned out beautifully, though, especially the back!  


The construction lived up to the hype as well.  It was constructed top-down with very clear steps that made sure I never got bored.  Well, maybe not bored, but definitely discouraged at the slow progress at times.  I'm so glad that I stuck with it, though, in fits and starts until I realized all I needed was to knit the stockinette sleeves and attach them.  After the drama of the cables, they seemed to fly off the needles this January!  



7 comments:

  1. Wow, you are such a wonderful knitter. I can't imagine getting through all these cables myself, I am so slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Julie, you are a wonderful knitter! And this beautiful sweater is no exception (and a brave one standing in what is obviously pretty cool temperatures, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorei sua postagem e indico esse tutorial completo passo a passo de como fazer Máscara de proteção com molde para imprimir

    ReplyDelete
  5. This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

    -Phone hacks (remotely)
    -Credit repair
    -Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
    -Make money from home (USA only)
    -Social media hacks
    -Website hacks
    -Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
    -Grade change
    -funds recovery

    Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How would you react if you find out that a woman that sweared to love you forever, betrayed you? To me, it was a greater shock I expect. Yet, online chatting and dating helped me a great deal. Fortunately, I met a woman who also was going through that pain and we understood that our grief connected us. Bye, going to read her message right now. top us dating sites

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, my name is Evans from the United Kingdom am here to give a testimonial on how I meet one of the best Hacker so far on my incredible moment of pain I lost a huge amount of money to a fake investor, I invested 105,000 USD to this investment company with my belief that I will have a huge return when it was time for me to get my return they company no longer pick my calls or reply to my email I was so devasted that my sister saw my pain and sad sorrow she have no choice than to introduce me to this great hacker called Wizard Brixton. I tell him everything about my situation and he asked for the company email address and the mobile number he promises to help me retrieval my funds if I will be able to cooperate and give him the vital information needed less than 24 hours he was able to give me the necessary details about the company and how he will get my funds back without the company approval. Contact him: Wizardbrixton@gmail.com WhatsApp with (+1- /807-23 ) 4-0428 ;) I was very happy when he recovered all my funds and gave me 2% of the profit the company could have given to me . so I promise to make him go viral for everyone to contact him in different aspects of hacking software program in your life he proves the best in his job CONTACT HIM: Wizardbrixton@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)