Monday, October 16, 2017

Helene Cardigan by Jalie

Hello!  This is the Helene Shawl Collar Cardigan by Jalie.  This is actually my first Jalie pattern, and I really like it!  I also bought this pants/shorts pattern, but I haven't tried it out yet.

The fabric for this cardigan is from Pennie Fabrics in Sarasota.  It is a navy boucle textured knit with very little stretch, and it has brick red flecks in it.  Very unique and cool.  


The neatest feature of this pattern is the pockets.  The design makes them super easy to sew.  This went together super quickly with just my serger and coverstitch machines.

I need to dig out the camera remote.  I don't know what I did with the timer that made me look yellow.  I'm a little blurry,, too, which I blame on the camera focusing on the trees behind me.  Someday, I'll get this taking pictures of myself thing all figured out.


I like that the line of the pockets continues around to the back.  I like details like that.  Plus, the seamed pieces give the back great shape.


I will definitely be making this again, both for me and for the nieces.  It's a great basic.  Here's a little detail shot of a pocket:


6 comments:

  1. I love Jalie patterns. I'm heavier and older than you and found the fit works best for me if I size up 1 or 2 sizes depending on the style (it's just a judgment call). I think your cardigan looks perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do find the sleeves snug but thought it was because of the small amount of stretch in the fabric. Maybe I'll try sizing up a bit next time.

      Delete
  2. Nice result on your cardigan! I still have their cocoon cardigan pattern that I need to sew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I don't remember seeing that one. going to check it out...

      Delete
  3. Very nice, as always. Love all the details and the pockets! Have you found a nice fabric store near you?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)