Friday, September 26, 2014

Whitewood Beret from Interweave Knits Fall 2014

Here is my Whitewood Beret.  The pattern is from Interweave Knits Fall 2014.
 The yarn is a skein of pure alpaca I purchased from the alpaca breeder at a fair in Ohio on vacation.  Fun!  Here is the yarn online.
 I almost frogged this hat halfway through it since the soft alpaca yarn didn't give great stitch definition to the cables, but I'm glad I kept at it.  The cables are distinct enough and I love the drapy, slouchy effect.
You can find information on the dress I am wearing here.

Time for a rant.  Is anyone watching Project Runway this season?  Did you see the zipper drama last night?

First of all, it so was not the model's fault.  The designer has the responsibility to stitch the zipper closed at the bottom after shortening it.  Geez.  Give me a break.  Stop blaming your model because you jacked up your zipper so she slid the zipper pull off the bottom.

Second, what's with all the zipper problems throughout all the episodes and seasons?  I've put dozens of zippers in garments and do you know how many have broken in any way, shape, or form?  0.  I don't get it.  What's with the zipper drama??  Are their zippers of inferior quality than the ones I buy at JoAnn's?

End of rant.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love to buy souvenir supplies (yarn, fabric, embellishments) and make something to remember the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm pretty sure that yarn and fabric are the best souvenirs ever! :-)

      Delete
  2. Your hat is beautiful! I have not been watching Project Runway because we don't have cable, but I LOVE the show! I've never had zipper drama on any of my created garments, either. How funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't get the zipper thing at all.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)