Thursday, August 7, 2014

Interweave Knits 2014 Picks!

I only subscribe to two knitting magazines, Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting.  Vogue Knitting is usually a little "out there" for my taste, but I can't let go.  I keep renewing.  Interweave Knits is hands-down my favorite, but the fall 2014 issue, which arrived in my mailbox yesterday, has totally outdone itself.  So many gorgeous patterns.  I've already cast on one, and I got the issue less than 24 hours ago.

Here are my faves:

Really cute integrated pockets.  I love the cable patterns and also that there is a large expanse of textured stitch to give a break from the cables.

Another great use of cables that aren't all over

The cover sweater.  It looks so beautiful in the slightly variegated yarn.

I think this would be great for my climate in a linen-blend maybe.  I love the yoke detail and thumb holes.

The back is the superstar on this one, but the front is lovely, also.  So, so gorgeous in a rustic wool.


A little different from a plain cabled beret.  This is what I cast on.  I don't think I'll have enough yarn for the mits also, unfortunately.

This was almost the one I cast on, but the beret won out in the end since I wasn't sure how soft my alpaca yarn would be on the neck.  Really pretty pattern stitch.

These were just my very favorites.  There are even move lovelies in there.  A great issue for fall!  Do you subscribe to knitting magazines, or do you get your patterns from Ravelry or another source?

3 comments:

  1. The Meadow Tunic is my favorite! I'm not a knitter, so I don't understand what it means when you say you "cast on" one???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa, I mean started making a new pattern. "Cast on" means that I cast stitches onto a knitting needle. Very official terminology :-) You should check out knitting. If you love cross stitch, I think you'll find it quite addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-ha! Maybe I can take up knitting after I retire and catch up on a few of my projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)