Friday, March 25, 2016

Pattern Picks: McCalls Early Summer 2016

First off, congratulations, McCalls Pattern Co on your nice new websites, but to bring it back to ME, all my links and pics are broken.  :-(  I'm fixing things as I come across them.

So on to the Early Summer patterns.  Again, McCalls has me excited to buy some new ones, but it seems like just last week that I was picking spring patterns, and I still haven't been able to find a couple at my local JoAnn's.  Anyway, here are my favorites:

McCalls 7380 is another shirtdress, but of course there are small differences like the elasticized back waist.

McCalls 7381 is a cute dress without the tied bodice option.  This would be nice in a rayon.

McCalls 7388 has potential, but I'm not sure how I feel about the zipper in a casual top, and of course I like the most boring version - view C.
McCalls 7391 is the one I am running out to buy!  These lace-up details are everywhere now, and there are a few nice options in the pattern.

McCalls 7392 is another must-buy for me.  I like a button-front skirt, and the casual pockets on this are great.  
There were really cute kids options this time, too.  

McCalls 7379 is a nice basic pattern for boys.  The shorts look nice for my 6-year-old who hates buttons.  


McCalls 7377 is a cute basic girls' pattern bundle for woven fabrics.  I could have a lot of fun with these and my embroidery machine.  I wonder if any of my nieces need clothes for spring...
McCalls 7378 is too big for any of my nieces, but I think the top is really cute!

So that's it for me this time around.  How about you?

3 comments:

  1. I love 7381 and 7388...like you, I prefer "boring" option C. Option D is cute, too! I have yet to finish an article of clothing for myself, unless an apron counts as clothes! I seem to be better at doing home stuff and kids' stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nieces always need spring clothes - especially if they are Aunt Jenny originals! Rachel wears her kitty shirt every time it comes out of the wash. She tells me - "I wear mine bootiful kitty sirt. It's so pitty!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love her!!! Well, expect a few new duds when I take a break from being super selfish with my sewing. ;-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)