Thursday, February 25, 2016

Simplicity 2215 - Cynthia Rowley Collection

This is Simplicity 2215, a Cynthia Rowley pattern from 2010.  Of course, I am just now getting around to sewing it.  I decided to sew the skirt, but I do like the dress and blouse in the pattern also.
 The fabric is another score from Gorgeous Fabrics, the same order as this and this.  The fabric is a cotton/linen twill that is out of stock.  It looks and feels like a heavy-weight linen.
 This skirt has uneven pleats.  It even mentions in the directions that this is a designer detail.  As a home seamstress, though, I just hope it reads as "designer detail" and not "she needs to go back to home ec."
The heavy fabric combined with the pleats make the skirt swingier than I prefer - as in, it seems to stand away from the body a lot.  I hope the fabric softens up with some more washing and relaxing to hand more straight.

 The pockets and fringed hem make this skirt fun and casual.  This skirt will see lots of wear this spring, especially with my new t-shirt shown here..
 Here are the pockets.  I used a coordinating quilting cotton from my stash for the pocket bags.  It is neat how the pattern incorporates side pockets with a side zipper.  You can also see the fringed trim in this photo.  I made a row of straight stitches about 1/4 inch from the edge to prevent more fraying.

1 comment:

  1. This is super cute! I love the fringe and the pockets. Hopefully it will soften up like you want it to! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)