Sunday, May 31, 2015

Simplicity 2564

This is a super simple skirt.  The pattern I used, Simplicity 2564, is out of print, but any straight skirt would do.  I shortened the design to be above-knee, and I used the patch pockets from the pattern but moved them to where I wanted them.  Don't you just love choosing where exactly you want your pockets?
 They are perfect for holding my iPod.  The fabric is a stretch cotton from Pennie Fabrics in Sarasota.

 I don't have a lot of tops that really go with this skirt.  White would obviously work, but I like to pull out a color from the print.  I've worn it with a pale pink cami and this gray cardigan (showed a glimpse here).  The top in this post is Simplicity 2181.
 The shape of this top is a bit weird tucked into the skirt, though, and it's too long to leave out.  I'll be on the lookout for a good gray or purple fabric to make another knit top.
 I used some quilting cotton from my way-too-big stash of quilting cottons to make the waistband facing.  I also used it to line the patch pockets, but there's really no good way to show off the inside of a pocket!
 The hem is a simple straight stitch. I couldn't bring myself to bother with a hand-sewn hem on a casual skirt in a busy print.

4 comments:

  1. I love this skirt Jenny! Very, Spring/Summer and comfortable looking at the same time. I must say I do really like the placement of your pockets much better. They have a skirt pattern out there that has the placement of the pcckets where you have then, but I can't recall the pattern right now. I'll have to look it up and let you know. I really like your new skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, it reminds me of the shape of V1247, a Rachel Comey pattern. http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v1247-products-14158.php?page_id=1112 Not sure if thats the one you meant, but I always thought that skirt looked like fun. :-)

      Delete
  2. Really cute outfit Jenny. The colours are gorgepus!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)