Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Simplicity 1462


Well, it's a bit rumpled after a day of wearing tucked in (as is my hair), but here is my new blouse glimpsed on May 4th here.  The pattern is Simplicity 1462.



 Here you can see the interesting seams on the side.  I chose this pattern to show off the tiny orange stripes woven into the fabric.  I love the little tucks in the short sleeves.  They give a little puff and are comfortable to wear, but they look more sophisticated than a gathered hem.  The raglan sleeves are a bit unusual for a woven top and worked out well.  You can also see the side zipper pull at the waistline here.

The front opening does collapse a bit.  I don't think I interfaced the opening at all - just the collar.  If I make this again, I'll add a lightweight fusible to the opening areas to combat this. It doesn't bother me much, though.

 The fabric is linen from Pennie Fabrics in Sarasota.  Pre-washing softened the hand and decreases wrinkling.
 You're still going to get wrinkles with linen, though.  No way around it.

I like the look of a woven blouse, but I always worry about the comfort factor.  I love to be comfy, and I'm more used to wearing stretchy knit tops.  As far as fitted woven tops go, though, I felt fine in this one all day.  Overall, a nice, cool, comfy blouse for summer that will work with skirts, shorts, or pants.




3 comments:

  1. oh that is cute! I'm also looking to put more woven tops into my wardrobe and this one is just what I had in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute top, I like the sleeve detail

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)