Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Scoop-necked Cap Sleeve Lattice Top

This top is mostly the Cap Sleeve Lattice Top, offered free from Purl Soho.
I quickly realized I probably didn't have enough yarn for the whole top, though, so I added a deep scoop neck and left it a bit shorter than I would have otherwise.
 As seems to be the case often lately, this turned out a little bigger than I had planned.  I really need to size down and allow the knitted fabric to stretch with my body.  I think I was spooked by this top, which is a bit snug.
 Anyway, I like how it looks layered over a longer cami.  I wore it today with these cropped pants. I've been avoiding wearing these pants since one of the waistband hooks had come loose.  5 minutes and I fixed that.  I forgot how much I like the fit of these and the fact that they stay up.  This would have been a perfect Me-Made-May outfit.  :-)
 I really enjoy the feel of this cotton, Bio-Sesia.  It is very soft, not that crisp, straw-like feel I sometimes associate with 100% cotton yarn.  This is super comfortable to wear and really feels like a tee shirt.  I would definitely knit another top out of this.  The only downside was that it was a bit split-y, meaning that it was easy to split the yarn when making a knit stitch - not good.
 The lattice section is very easy and lovely.  I'd like to make another version of this top, more fitted and longer, with the boat neck as designed.  I just need to get more yarn next time!

3 comments:

  1. I love this sweater!! The whole outfit is perfect...did you make the pants? I find it funny that you haven't been wearing them because they needed a 5-minute fix; I do the same thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, yes I made the pants. I don't like mending even the things that I made in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)