Friday, May 8, 2015

Knitted Lacy Shrug

Here is the lacy shrug I mentioned here.  This is a new style for me, but I see more lace shrugs in my future.  They are quick to knit and very practical for my hot but sometimes heavily air-conditioned climate.
 I bought the materials for this shrug in a kit at my LYS, Brandon Yarn Boutique.  I don't think I've ever bought a kit before - one of the best things about making garments is matching up the perfect pattern with the perfect yarn, after all.  The bright rusty color caught my eye, though, so this kit came home with me.  I only used about the half of the yarn (made a size small), so I have two skeins left over.  I'm thinking of combining them with a creamy color for a striped tank.  Any suggestions?
 This shrug goes perfectly with my recent Simplicity 1810 dress.  It also looks nice with this denim dress that I made last year.  I tried it over my Derek Lam-esque denim dress, but the denim sleeves are too stiff to lay nicely with this sweater over top.
 If I make this shrug again, I will size up to a medium.  I think my back is kind of wide compared with my bust measurement.  This is pretty snug.
Here is my Ravelry project page.

I really want to make this little bolero now. I have the book and probably some appropriate yarn ready to go.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, I really like this rag on you, it's very pretty. I love shrugs and just made a black knit one with a twist front. Jenny, I really like this rag on you, it's very pretty. I love shrugs and just made a black knit one with a twist front. You're so correct you can't go wrong with a good shrug in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It's really perfect with that dress! It doesn't look to snug to me, but of course I can't feel it LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)