Wednesday, June 4, 2014

McCalls 6740

Here is a dress I made a month or two ago.  I'm really happy with how this one turned out and have worn it a few times already.  
 

The pattern is McCalls 6740


The whole time I was sewing this, I was nervous - about the fit in the bust, about the fabric, about the mullet hem.  In the end though, I'm so happy with it.  The bust fit is great with the cup seaming, the fabric is comfortable and not wrinkly, and the hi-lo hem is really fun and unlike anything else in my wardrobe.  I even like the super-gored skirt.  It's not overwhelming as I feared it would be.

The fabric is a linen/rayon blend from JoAnns.  I can't find it on the website anymore, so maybe it was seasonal.

Here it is paired with this cardigan when I was taking photos for the Artisan's Square SWAP contest that I forgot to enter!

I just signed up for Twitter under the name SSHandmadeJenny.  If you're on Twitter, please let me know so I can follow you.  I feel like a social media doofus over here.  :-)

9 comments:

  1. Its gorgeos Jenny and looks so lovely on you. Great fit and a lovely style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress. Great colors on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty Jenny! I love the high low effect. Very feminine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so unsure about the hi/lo hem, but I really do like it now. :-) Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I laughed when you said "mullet hem" since that's what I was thinking, too! It's a really cute dress and so you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dress!! I better see that one at the lake house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to click "like." Didn't work. I'm sooooo excited!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)