Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Burda Style Retro Bikini 05/2013 #132

I saw this bikini pattern last year and thought it would make a cute sundress.  I bought the pattern through the online BurdayStyle store since I didn't have the magazine.  I made up the dress pretty quickly but wasn't crazy about the shape when I just added a gathered rectangle skirt.

Skip ahead a year and right after I altered this skirt, I remembered this dress.  A couple of zips through the sewing machine with the side seams, and it's now wearable and quite cute, if I do say so myself.  Perfect for a day at the beach! 
  The tie top provides a surprising amount of bust support!  I originally planned to sew in cups but just got lazy during construction.  No problem (for small-busted me, anyway).  I can still frolic in the waves with no worries.
In case you can't tell, it was quite a windy day.  How is it that the Victoria's Secret models look extra attractive in the wind??  I need their secrets.
The fabric is waaaaaay old from fabric.com, I think.  It's a purple/white seersucker.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, you do live in a lovely part of the world. Gorgeous dress and a great idea to convert the bikini top. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)