Monday, August 8, 2016

Snoqualmie Cardigan by Brooklyn Tweed

Ok you get exactly ONE modeled photo of this because the day I took it, it was about 100 degrees out.  We will not discuss why I made a big wool, cabled sweater in summer in Florida.  Some things are better left un-analyzed.  

I actually started this when I stumbled across a knit-along started by Closet Case Files designer Heather.  My plan was to finally make some CCF Ginger Jeans (the low-rise version, of course, because high-rise pants are not welcome here) to wear with it, and I still plan to, but it hasn't happened yet.


The pattern is Snoqualmie by Michele Wang for Brooklyn Tweed.  I would have loved to use the Brooklyn Tweed yarn (like I did for my Cusp) but it so wasn't in the yarn budget, so I went with EcoWool, which turned out to be an excellent substitute.  The wood buttons are from my local JoAnn Fabrics.


I can't wait for fall (which should arrive here in about four more months) so I can use this as my throw-it-on coat.

3 comments:

  1. Those cables! Very very beautiful! Yes, some things are better left un-analyzed... I feel the same about my current knitting project a summer sweater that I am sure it will not be ready before the summer ends...oh well...next year :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! My knitting mojo is missing, it seems I only have either sewing or knitting mojo. But I have the yarn for a big cabled aran sweater... Maybe this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! My knitting mojo is missing, it seems I only have either sewing or knitting mojo. But I have the yarn for a big cabled aran sweater... Maybe this fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)