Thursday, November 5, 2015

Leitmotif Cardigan Interweave Knits Fall 2010

I have had this sweater finished for months.  I knit it over the summer.  The pattern is the Leitmotif Cardigan from Interweave Knits Fall 2010.  The yarn is O-Wool Balance, a 50% wool/50% cotton worsted.
 This is a great cardigan for our warm climate.  The lacy section breathes and the shorter sleeves are comfortable.  This is a great throw-on piece for the air conditioning.  The only thing that bugs me is the front band rolls a lot more than in the pattern photos.  Right after I block it or steam it, they lay flat, but not for very long.
 I guess this looks a bit questionable with shorts since the cardi is longer than my shorts hem.  Oh well.  It looks great with skinny jeans, but it was a warm day!

I omitted the closure on this cardigan thinking I could always add one later.  It stays on my shoulders nicely, though, so I feel no need.  These sleeves are knit by picking up stitches around the armhole and knitting short rows for the cap.  I'd like to use this technique again but will pay more attention to the stitch counts since these came out a little wider than I would prefer.
Overall, this isn't my best sweater in terms of fit and details, but I do wear it quite often, so it's a win.  I do see more cotton/wool blend yarns in my future!

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, this is a lovely sweater and I absolutely adore the color! You're so correct it's perfect for this Florida weather! It's weird how it rolls along the edge of the front and stops rolling just about at the bottom. Since I'm not as experienced as you when it comes to yarn works, I can't be of any assistance, sorry! It's still a lovely evening with the rolled collar!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)