Tuesday, January 9, 2018

2018 Sewing Plans

Everyone's doing a post like this, and I always want to be one of the cool kids, so... here are some patterns I really want to sew up this year.  This list doesn't include oldies but goodies I'll probably make again like the Arenal or Simplicity 1696.  Also, there are 9 because that's what fits nicely into Instagram!  :-)

#1 is the Closet Case Patterns Mid-Rise Ginger Jeans.  One of my goals last year was to make some jeans, and I think I checked that off with Vogue 1573, but I've had these on my list for at least two years now, and it really must be done.


#2 is the Closet Case Files Sasha Trousers.  These could replace my beloved Simplicity 1696 since these look perfect without any modifications.


#3 is Vogue 9281.  I bought one of those off-the-shoulder cotton tops last spring that were EVERYWHERE, and my husband really liked the look. so I'd like to try a knit one.  I think the flare portion of this fit and flare top is a little too much, though.  I'll likely just modify it to be a standard top shape because I'm boring like that.


#4 is s straight-up 90s slip dress.  This is Vogue 9278, but I know I have something similar in my pattern collection.


#5 is a flowy top with lace accents a la Butterick 6518.  I'm not 100% sure about the sleeves, but I could always take them off in a year or two when the crazy sleeve look it out.


#6 is the totally impractical McCalls 7685.  I kind of want it in a beautiful summer floral, but I do have a wedding coming up in February in Florida if I could just decide on the perfect color...


#7, McCalls 7695 is a more everyday-wearable option.  I have a store-bought puffer jacket in white which I love.  A fun color for spring would be great!
#8 is McCalls 7714.  I have the perfect fabric for this dress!  It is a gorgeous textured, drapey floral.  I had it earmarked for another pattern, but this one would be great, too.  I'm thinking Easter dress.  The pleated skirt is so pretty!


#9 is Simplicity 8019, which I have made once before, but I love the shape and fit of it so much that I'm going to eliminate the button front and add a zipper in the back and just make a simple black wool version.  I have to fabric ready to go.







10 comments:

  1. I've made the ginger jeans pattern 4 times and it is awesome. I actually find the high waisted version more comfortable which is weird because ordinarily I do not prefer a high waist. They fit really well straight out of the envelope (I had to dart the yoke to get it to not gape at the low back but that was literally the only adjustment I made). They are super fun to sew and the instructions (esp for the fly front) are really well explained. You'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I’ve only heard good things about the pattern, so I’m excited!

      Delete
  2. Nice project list to keep you busy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’ll see how many I actually sew... 🙂

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me, too. It’s the follow-through that usually de-rails me. There’s always something shiny and new that grabs my attention.

      Delete
  4. The M7714 is a really pretty pattern! I have big plans to sew V9278 for spring/summer! The 90s weren't SO bad :)

    I Hope you sew that McCall's dress for the wedding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 90s definitely weren’t bad. It’s not like they were the 80s! 😆

      Delete
  5. Your sewing plans for this year look great! I too would love to sew the Ginger jeans and Sasha trousers. I made Closet Case Patterns Kelly Anorak, and love their directions and drafting. Best wishes on everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It is wonderful to know someone is reading. :-)